I was recently asked these two questions. It made me think about the number of times other women have asked similar questions about dry shampoo. So here is the breakdown and yes, you absolutely should be using it!
Let's start with the fact that dry shampoo has been around for centuries. Dry shampoo absorbs oils and odors from hair. It can be found in the form of loose powder, a liquid that comes from a pump dispenser or an aerosol spray. It's a super easy and quick way to freshen up your hairstyle. Apply it sparingly to the roots of your hair. If you are using a spray formula, spray at least 6 inches away from your roots. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, this allows the dry shampoo to absorb excess oils. Finally, brush through your hair and style. It's really that simple!
There are several good reasons to use dry shampoo.
1) To avoid over-washing your hair, which drys out your hair and strips your color.
2) It refreshes your hair after the gym or before a night out.
3) It adds volume to your hairstyle.
4) Dry shampoo extends the life of your blowout.
5) It prevents hair damage since you'll be doing less heat styling.
6) Use it to add texture to hairstyling, such as with backcombing your hair.
7) Many formulas have added color and may be used to help conceal roots between color touch-ups. For blondes or platinum hair colors, white or regular dry shampoo will also help blend or soften darker regrowth.
JKo Beauty's Picks
Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk is my Top Pick. Klorane is an award winning brand that offers a variety of formulas to address your different concerns or style preferences.
For additional options, check out these other great picks...
Remember, dry shampoo is meant to be used sparingly and to refresh your hair and style. You should still regularly wash and condition your hair to maintain it's optimum health.