Whether getting a spray tan or applying self tanner yourself at home, these tips will help prepare you for a longer lasting, more even tan.
Before Your Tan
- For hair removal, shave the day before and wax 48 hours prior to your tan.
- The previous night, apply a body moisturizer all over my maximum hydration.
- Exfoliate to remove any dead skin for a more even color.
- Be sure to have completely clean skin, no perfumes, deodorant, makeup or lotions.
- Apply lip balm to prevent color to lips.
- Schedule your manicure or pedicure before your tanning session.
After Your Tan
- Wear loose fitting, dark clothes.
- Do not get wet or sweaty. Sorry, no swimming or gym time until after you've showered.
- Allow your tan to develop as directed. It is not recommended to exceed the time instructed.
- Use daily moisturizer or a tan extender lotion for a longer lasting tan.
- Avoid harsh soaps and body scrubs.
- After showering, pat dry with your towel.
Happy Safe Tanning!