Have you ever noticed how much worse hair static is during the winter months? One of the main causes of static is dehydration. In the winter, the air lacks moisture and the heating systems make it even drier. Here are some tips to getting rid of the hair static.
1) Regular conditioning treatments and a lightweight hair oil can help to replenish and maintain moisture in your strands. Try not to wash your hair too often, this also can be very drying.
2) Try using an ionic hairdryer. It will not only help control static but also dry your hair faster and create less heat damage.
3) Spray your hair with hairspray. This will help hold your style and control the static.
4) You can use dryer sheets to calm your hair. You can even rub the dryer sheet on your pillowcase before going to bed. Try also wrapping your brush or comb in a dryer sheet as well. These may also be used while on the go for a quick fix.
5) Try to avoid plastic combs and brushes.
6) Use a humidifier while sleeping. This will put moisture back into the air, helping your hair and skin.
7) In a pinch, you can always use a touch of water. Wet your hands and gently apply to your hair.
Happy (Static-Free) Hairstyling!