Your wedding day will be one of the very best days of your life. It certainly was my best day ever - at least so far! I wish I could do it every year! It's that one day when everyone you love comes together to celebrate the union of you and your other half. You will laugh and you will cry, you will dance, hug, kiss and you'll be photographed well over a thousand times.
For this big day, choose reputable professionals who specialize in weddings. As a makeup artist specializing in bridal makeup, I can share with you factors you should be looking for in a makeup artist. While there is a multitude of advantages of choosing a high-end professional makeup artist, here are 5 top examples.
1. Someone you can absolutely count on for your big day. I often hear stories of the artist canceling last minute on the bride. This does not happen with true professionals. In the very rare event of an emergency or unforeseen extreme circumstance, a professional will have a network of other artists to refer you to.
2. Hygiene and Sanitation. A well-educated professional understands proper procedure and precautions of both. This factor is not something to compromise. Please do not underestimate just how serious these are.
3. Your makeup artist should understand lighting and how it affects your makeup. An experienced professional will prevent the unfortunate disappointment of makeup that looks harsh at your venue or mismatching your makeup causing a faux pas such as orange looking foundation.
4. A well-trained understanding for what is appropriate in bridal makeup. Yes, it is important to look amazing in your photos but it is equally important to look your best while spending the entire day face-to-face with your family and friends. A highly skilled makeup artist understands how to provide you with a look that will photograph beautifully while still looking fresh and complimentary in person.
5. Last but most definitely not least, a high-end professional has a thoroughly stocked kit for all skin types, skin tones, and ethnicities. It is equally important to have a comprehensive understanding of how to provide the best service using proper shade selections and application.
At JKo Beauty we provide professional makeup services for your big day as well as all of your other wedding related events. Contact us for more information, availability and pricing.